Whether you are a beginner or an experienced skateboarder, you need to wear a skateboard helmet while riding an electric skateboard. In this guide, we added the best electric skateboard helmets for you; these helmets offer maximum safety and look stylish when you wear them!
The Need for Electric Skateboard Helmets
These skateboards are electric-powered and can go much faster than any regular skateboard. It means the risk of an accident with this kind of skateboard also increases, which means you should never even think about riding these without wearing helmets and other safety gear.
Falling from these things can be as bad as falling from a moving bike. Helmets are essential as they play a vital role in preventing you from many accidents, especially head injuries.
Not only for beginners, but the helmets are also necessary for all the riders who use the electric skateboard for traveling short distances.
The skateboard helmet is also vital for those who ride the electric skateboard off roads. And if you are eager to use a sliding longboard, then a helmet also plays a crucial role in keeping you safe from a head injury.
Top Electric Skateboard Helmets
Which is the Best Helmet for Electric Skateboard – A Comparison
Finally, we know now you surely want to read more about each Electric Skateboard Helmet in Detail.
Before you start finding the best safety skateboard helmets, it’s also essential to learn the skateboard/longboards properly to be safe from any injury.
Moreover, a right size skateboard also plays an essential role in the proper riding of electric skateboards and keeping you firm on deck.
So let’s quickly jump into details of each helmet to chose your best protective helmet.
1. Bern – Summer Watts EPS Helmet
Best Qualities of Bern – Summer Watts EPS Helmet
Good ventilation system:
The Bern helmet has a sound ventilation system as it has 11 vents. These vents can keep your head dry all the time. So you can call it a solid helmet with maximum safety.
A versatile helmet:
Bern helmet is a versatile helmet that you can use in all seasons.
High level of comfort:
As this helmet has ABS construction, it has an adjustable fit system, thus giving you a high level of comfort. ABS material controls the moisture, and therefore you do not feel the humidity in your head.
- Helmet Style: Half Shell
- Model: SK-564
- Sport: Skateboarding
- Fabric Content: 100% NA
- Bern is a very stylish helmet that is made up of high-quality material.
- It will give you extra comfort with the adjustable fit system.
- Bern will give you reliable protection which also protects you during snow and winter days during a ride.
- The moisture is controlled with the help of a moisture-controlling premium liner, which will give you a fresh feeling.
|Bern is a high-quality, stylish hammered.||Do not fit into adjustable head sizes.|
|Comes with comfortable padding.|
|Good ventilation with multiple vents.|
|Has a variety of colors.|
2. Retrospec CM-1 Classic Commuter Bike/Skate/Multi-Sport Helmet
Best Qualities of Retrospec CM-1 Helmet
During extreme weather conditions, especially in summers, it keeps your head cool all the time because of the ventilation holes present in this helmet.
High Comfort electric skateboard helmet:
Retrospect gives you a high level of comfort because of the two sets of pads. These pads are of different thicknesses to customize the size of the helmet according to the head size.
Stylish skateboard helmet:
It is a stylish helmet, especially for people who are interested in skateboarding. Along with the elegant look, it also comes with various colors you can also match with your electric skateboard.
- Size Large: 59-63cm / 23.25″-24.75″
- Outer Material: ABS
- Sport: Cycling, Skateboarding
- Included Components: Helmet
- Brand Name: Retrospec
- Item Weight: 544 g
- Parcel Dimensions: 27.9 x 22.9 x 17.8 cm
- Color Matte: Forest Green
- Retrospect is specially designed for electric skateboards.
- You can also use this helmet while using the bike.
- It has an amazing ventilation system where your head remains cool.
- There are adjustable straps in the helmet that will make you comfortable and fit.
- Now your head is protected with a retrospect helmet which is made up of high-quality material.
- It is available in a variety of beautiful Matte colors from which you can choose according to your choice.
|A CPSC certified helmet.||A Heavier helmet|
|Stylish look and cool to wear.|
|Amazing ventilation system.|
|Two pads of different thicknesses.|
|Hard outer shell|
3. JBM Skateboard Helmet
Best Qualities of JBM Skateboard Helmet
The helmet comes with impact-resistant abilities and protects you from impacts all the time. Even if you get the impact for more than one time, it remains sturdy.
The multiple vents in the helmet give you excellent ventilation so that you can maintain a healthy flow of air inside your head.
- Suitable Sports: Cycle, Skateboard, Scooter, Inline & Roller Skate, BMX Biking
- Suitable User: Kids / Child
- Age: Kids/Child
- Color: Variation
- JBM is a versatile helmet that you can use for a variety of activities such as cycling, scootering, skateboarding, roller skating, etc.
- It is equipped with essential protective gear that protects you during the ride.
- Actually, the JBM helmet is designed especially for kids and children which they can use for multi-Sports.
- It is a high-material helmet with EPS foam which helps absorb the impact and protect the head during the impact.
- It has a special Aerodynamic design with multiple vents for proper ventilation in the head.
- JBM skateboard is available in a variety of colors.
|Gives you a cool feeling||Adjustable sizes do not fit sometimes.|
|Made for skateboarding as well as other sports.|
|Available in a great range of colors|
|Comes in different sizes|
4. KORIMEFA Skateboard Helmet
Best Qualities of KORIMEFA Skateboard Helmet
KORIMEFA comes with multiple adjustable elastic straps.
These straps have velcro closures to give you extra security during the ride.
KORIMEFA is a high-quality impact-resistant helmet. It is shock-absorbing because of the EPS foam has an impact-absorbing liner. It also has a high-density ABS shell to which the outer shell becomes more rigid and solid.
Removable internal form:
When you use the helmet for a longer time, it gets sweat on it, so you can easily remove the internal foam for cleaning. When you wash it, you can again attach it to the helmet.
- Brand Name: KORIMEFA
- Outer Material: ABS
- Sport: Skateboarding
- Item Weight: 340 g
- KORIMEFA helmet is made for children toddlers as well as adults.
- Best helmet for riding the off road skateboards.
- It is a high-quality helmet that is available in different colors.
- There is an adjustable strap in this helmet so that it can fit into every head size.
- To prevent sweating on the head, it also has removable internal foam.
- There are multiple vents in this helmet that have a special Aerodynamic design and also have breathable foam.
- KORIMEFA helmet is very helpful in reducing Sweat, so you feel cool all the time.
|Has EPS foam lining||Flimsy adjustable band|
|Sponge pads for absorbing moisture||Exposure to breakage|
|Available in three sizes|
|Comes with a variety of colors|
5. Triple Eight Skateboard Helmet
- Brand Name: Triple eight
- Sport: Skateboarding
- Item Weight: 340 g
- Triple Eight helmet is used for skateboarding and also doing bike rides. But bike riders also do learn about difference between bike helmet and skateboard helmet.
- It comes with an ABS shell and also has an impact-absorbing EPS foam liner.
- There are two different sets of sweat saver fit pads. These fit pads are easily renewable and also absorb all the moisture.
- It is a high-quality helmet that is ideal for roller derby, commuting, scooters, skateboarding, and biking.
- The helmet is suitable for kids as well as adults with adjustable straps that can fit into any head size.
- The strap of the helmet is adjustable with a side-release buckle.
|Triple Eight has Sweat absorbing inner lining.||The helmet is not adjustable.|
|Wait for any cycling game or skateboarding.||Available in some fixed sizes.|
|Triple Eight is a high-quality helmet|
|Available in a variety of colors|
6. TurboSke Skateboard Helmet
- Ventilation: Eleven air channels so designed even after hours of skating it will keep your head cool. The air channels are designed as the fresh air cross from the air channels.
- Adjustable Size: There is a dial inside the helmet which helps you to adjust the flexible ring inside the helmet. By turning the dial you can expand or close the ring so that it fits your head.
- Certified Protection: It is fully compiled with the CPSC and CE safety standards.
- Stronge layers: Two strong layers inside the helmet gave you more protection.
|Safety Standard:CPSC and ASTM||Not full face covered.|
7. KUYOU Skate Helmet
Check this out, KUYOU is a beautiful Helmet available in 3 colors, black, blue, red.
Do you know? Beauty has its charm. This is a beautiful Helmet that will make you prominent among all riders.
Check this out; the ABS shelly EPS form absorbs the impact when your head collides when you fall while skating.
Just imagine the ventilation channels. The air channels are designed the way, so it keeps you cool.
Best Qualities of KUYOU Skate Helmet
Triple Eight is a multi-impact resistant helmet and gives you extra protection against shocks and impact. Multi impact resistance means that after many hits, it is still a protective helmet.
Good ventilation system:
The helmet comes with a sound ventilation system, and it can absorb the sweat, which eventually evaporates. When the sweat evaporates, then it will not leave a nasty odor.
|Perfect Ventilation system||Available in three colors only.|
|ABS impact safety|
|Good Looking and Durable|
8. Outdoor Master Multisport Helmet for Child
Best Qualities of Outdoor Master Multisport Helmet
The rigid foam is specially designed for riders who love the everyday free ride. A Terry cloth liner inside the helmet absorbs all the sweat and prevents your face from sweat dripping into your eyes.
Adjustable Size: Adjust Dial helps you to fit the size of the helmet around your head easily.
Listen, just imagine the 21 channels for ventilation keep your children cool even after hours of riding.
The channels for air are so designed that air will always keep on flowing through the head, and it will stay calm.
|Perfect Ventilation system||Not receive any issue yet|
9. Triple 8 Sweatsaver Liner Skateboarding Helmet
Amazingly with its moisture & sweat-absorbing, the inner lining helps you to remain dry.
ABS outer shell reduces the strike’s impact when falling and keeps the head safe from injury.
Triple 8 Sweatsaver Helmet Sizes
- S fits 20.6–21.3 in (52–54 cm)
- M fits 21.4–22 in (54–56 cm)
- L fits 22.1–22.9 in (56–58 cm)
- XL fits 23–24 in (58–61 cm)
- XS fits 20.1–20.5 in (51–52 cm)
- XXL fits 24-25 in (60–62 cm)
Look, this is the best helmet for you and your children to get a lot of sweat during riding.
|Sweat Absorbing inner lining||Not adjustable. Available in fixed sizes.|
|Easily removable and washable|
|Best for any skating game.|
10. TSG Pass Helmet Full Face Electric Skateboard
Surely you are thinking about why we added TSG Full-face electric skateboard helmet. The full-face longboard helmets give extra safety and keep the full head safe if we fall.
As we discussed before, skateboarding is a kind of action sport in which there are pretty many chances that you would fall no matter how expert you are.
That is why you should have taken proper measures before you start skating. The helmet is a must-have accessory while going skateboarding as it covers your head and saves you from any severe injury.
Usually, the helmets that we see don’t have face protection. It means, if you happen to have an accident and fall, you might hit your chin and get hurt badly.
To avoid that, you should be using a full-faced helmet to protect your face and chin, too, especially when you are new to skateboarding. Also, it can protect your eyes, as full-face helmets usually have a visor in front of the eyes to keep them protected.
- It is a full-faced helmet that cannot only protect the head from getting hit but also saves the face and chin whenever someone wearing it falls.
- It is made of multi-layered glass fiber which helps in making the helmet stronger and also reduces its weight.
- Since the electric skateboards are faster, you need something in front of your eyes like glasses to avoid air and particles in the air that may result in an accident. TSG Pass has a visor for that purpose which is wide enough that you can see objects around you very easily.
- It has mirrored lens that helps in avoiding UV and also provides glare protection.
- TGS has an anti-fog coating and is engineered in such a way that it will never fog up. It has proper vents that draw the breath out of the helmet providing a crystal clear view.
- This helmet is tested under the worst conditions and is CE and IDF certified.
- It has a removable comfort liner and cheek pads which means the cleaning process is really easy.
- You can simply take them off, wash them, and put them back on after they are dried up.
Certified safety: The international downhill federation certified and EPS lining gives impact resistance from injury.
Triple Eight Downhill Racer Full Face Helmet is one of the best full-face helmets you can buy right now.
- It has a pretty decent and attractive design besides being protective.
- The material is of pretty good quality.
- It meets CPSC 1203 and ASTM F1952 downhill racing standards.
- Also, it has a Hand-laid fiberglass shell and shatter-resistant flip-up visor to avoid any breakage in case the person falls.
- It has EPS foam liner with velvet lining.
- The design of the helmet also makes it more aerodynamic in order to reduce any wind resistance.
- The helmet is pretty light and comfortable so you can wear it for a longer period of time without getting tired.
- Triple Eight Downhill Helmet is crafted for speed. The streamlined T8-Racer is the downhill helmet to turn to for uncompromised exhilaration.
Size Chart of TSG Pass Helmet Full Face Electric Skateboard:
- Small – 54-56 cm – 21.3-22”
- Medium – 56-58 cm – 22.-22.8”
- Large – 58-60 cm – 22.8-23.6”
- Extra Large – 60-61 cm – 23.6-24”
Read In detail about full-face longboard helmets.
|Full Faced Helmet||Not recommended for children under 10 years.|
Things to consider before buying electric skateboard Helmet
The most important thing while purchasing a helmet is that it should perfectly fit your head and try it to be light weight. If you choose a helmet that does not fit your head, you will not use it, which is a waste of money. So for this purpose, you must measure the head size with measuring tape.
Full face covered:
You must use that helmet with which your entire face is covered as it will provide you with a high level of safety on the road. When you get that type of helmet, then your head, as well as your face, will be protected.
BMX helmets are available in the open face and full-face; however, you should get more protection for the full-face version. You must take into account that BMX helmets are incredibly light in weight and have high quality.
For kids and youth:
If you purchase electric skateboard helmets for your kids, you must buy the helmet from the wiggle range. Wiggle helmets are good in the sense that they are best known for safety standards.
As we all know helmets are designed for the safety of people. But you should ensure that safety must be 100% guaranteed. It can be done when you are purchasing a high-quality helmet. The outer shell of the helmet must be made up of durable plastic and can withstand subsequent impacts.
Proper ventilation is necessary for electric skateboard helmets as you will be easily distracted by the sweat dripping down the face when you skate. So, your heads remain calm because of the vents in the helmet. Ventilation in the Helmet helps you maintain focus and balance during a ride or performing tricks.
Straps and retention system:
As we all know straps and retention systems are necessary when purchasing an electric skateboard helmet. With the help of straps, you can easily tie the helmet according to your head and face size.
The helmet, which has a V-shaped form below the earlobe, is the best one for you. We should also consider the retention system, as with the retention system, we will quickly adjust the helmet to your stable fit.
The helmet must offer enough padding to give a comfortable feeling when you wear a helmet. Many helmets come with removable padding, and it also allows you to wash your helmet and keep it hygienic easily.
How do you measure your head for a skateboard helmet?
There is a simple way to measure your head before buying a helmet for the best fit.
As we all know different brands offer different skateboard helmet sizes. When you are purchasing the helmet, it is necessary to measure the perfect size of your head. For this purpose, you must see the sizing chart specific to the brand of the helmet.
To measure your head size, you must wrap a soft tape around your forehead. Make sure that the tape is covering your eyebrows and ears. Measurement should be done in a way that the tape should pass low on your forehead.
If the tape is not a flexible one, then you can also try it with the string. When you measure the head size with tape, then measure it with a ruler.
Sometimes you cannot estimate the size of your head than at this time; you must go to the store and check the size of the hat that fits on your head.
But from my point of view, you must make your head size with hat size to get an accurate measurement. In the case of a hat, height is not correct and therefore becomes problematic for you in the future.
- Wrap a measuring tape around your head and then measure the head size.
- Keep in mind to wrap the measuring tape above the ears.
- Determining your head will help you to buy the best skateboard.
Q 1: If the helmet size is tight, can we go for the more oversized helmet?
Ans: Yes, the helmet must be comfortable and should not be too tight for your head. If the helmet is closed on your head, it also compresses the pads, resulting in a loser fit later. So it would be best if you went for the Larger size helmet, which must be a comfortable fit on your head.
Q 2: Can we use electric skateboard helmets for motorized vehicles?
Ans: Although the helmets have passed the safety standards test for bicycles or skateboarding. It is highly recommended not to use these elements for motorized vehicles.
Q 3: Are these helmets, as mentioned above, meet the safety standards?
Ans: Yes, these helmets meet CPSC safety standards for bicycling as well as electric skateboarding. In case of an accident, the helmets can protect your head from impacts.
Q 4: Are these helmets safe for Skiing or Rock climbing as well?
Ans: As we all know helmets are made for head protection. The helmet’s design gives you the same protection in skiing or Rock climbing if we talk about the helmet’s structure. But one factor which is lacking in these helmets is that it does not offer insulation.
So you must go for another helmet which is made for skiing. These helmets have a hard plastic exterior to protect them from falling rocks if we talk about rock climbing. So you must go for the particular helmet made for a specific purpose.
Q 5: Are these electric skateboard helmets available in many colors?
Ans: Yes, many brands are offering helmets in a variety of colors. You can match your favorite color with the color of your electric skateboard.
Q6: What is the Electric skateboard helmet law?
Many peoples asked if there was any law for the skateboard helmet?
Yes, In some states, it is very compulsory to wear a helmet for riding a skateboard. Some states like California have imposed a law to wear a helmet for 18 years old age individuals.
While some states say everyone must wear a helmet before skating, whatever their age.